Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Carrot achar /Pickled Carrot


I always wanted to make carrot achar after trying the homemade achar I tasted in India.Googled a lot and ended up pickling carrot, which tasted very different than what I had. Still didn’t leave hope ,one day I stumbled on Mishmash’s blog with a recipe for pickled carrot .When I looked the ingredients section I was very happy to see that I have all the ingredients at home .
 
 
Ingredients:

·       2 big carrots thinly sliced

·       1 tablespoon ginger thinly sliced

·       2 tablespoon of garlic thinly sliced

·       10 green chillies thinly sliced (Adjust to your spice level)

·       2 tablespoon of Sesame oil /Gingellyoil  /Nellenna

·       1teaspoon mustard seeds

·       Salt to taste

·       ½ cup of vinegar

Directions:

·       Heat oil, on medium, shallow saucepan, crackle mustard seeds, throw in ginger, garlic, green chillies; cook them for one minute. Add carrots, sprinkle some salt and blend gently; turn off heat immediately. Pour vinegar and mix quickly.

·       Transfer to a bowl and let it rest aside for about 30 minutes.

·       Serve it with rice, burger, flat bread, and subway sandwich .(I served this with chicken biriyani and it vanished in seconds..)

Luv

Rooster

No comments: