Friday, March 15, 2013

Pumpkin cookie

After halloween,I was thinking about what should be done with the pumpkin kept outside. Last year I grated the pumpkin and made pumpkin bread which came out very good.But grating fresh pumpkin is really difficult and not an easy task. So I just googled and found out how to make pumpkin puree here.
I made some cookies with  my homemade  pumpkin puree .
I drafted this receipe longback and almost forgot to post it.Here is really easy n yummy cookie for all of you. I am sure you all will really enjoy it.

Pumpkin Cookies
(Adapted from www.verybestbaking.com)

Ingredients:
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 11/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter(1 stick), softened
  • 1 cup homemade pumpkin puree
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
Directions:
  • Preheat  oven to  350F. Grease baking sheets.
  • Combine flour,baking soda,baking powder,cinnamon,nutmeg and salt in medium bowl.Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until well blended.
  • Beat in pumpkin puree,vanilla extract and egg until smooth.Gradually beat in flour mixture.
  • Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheet.
  • Bake for 15- 18 minutes or until edges are firm .Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes; remove to wire rack and cool completely.
Luv
Rooster

No comments: