Friday, February 1, 2013

Sweet corn soup

The climate is changing , its getting colder and colder ..I felt like having something hot . Thats the time when J called up saying he has a feeling that he is getting cold. I searched my fridge and saw a cooked corn, and thought about corn soup. My friend L, is a master in soups, called up her and got the rough idea then googled up little bit and with the items in the pantry and refridgerator I ended up making this soup. Its not very richy, I don't know how to make it richy . Still I am sure you will feel better after you have this hot  soup in a very cold climate.This is my thattippu version hope you all will enjoy the warm soup on a cold day.




Ingredients:
corn kernels from 1 corn (I used the cooked corn I had )
corn cob with no corn kernels - 1
carrot - 1 diced into cubes
garlic pod - 1
soyasauce - 1/2tsp - 1tsp
salt to taste
vinegar - 1 tsp
garlic powder - 1/4- 1/2 tsp
pepper powder - 1/2tsp
egg - 1
corn flour - 2tsp

Directions:
Beat 1 egg with a spoon and add little pepper to it and mix well with spoon and keep aside.
Add 2 tsp cornflour to 1/2- 1 cup of water .Mix well and keep aside .
Heat a sauepan with corn kernels , corn cob ,and water . Add soyasauce,garlic pod, salt,garlic powder and pepper and bring to boil .Add diced carrot and cook till carrots are done .Add vinegar, remove the corn cob . Lower the flame to medium and allow the soup to boil for some more time. When the water is reduced to half add the cornflour mixture and stir for sometime. Allow to boil so that the raw smell goes off. Keep the soup on medium low flame , add egg mixture little by little and stir with a spatula simuntaneously. Always do a "taste check " and add salt to taste if needed,turn off heat.Serve warm.
Note :Vegetarians can skip adding egg part.

Luv
Rooster

No comments: